Healthy Homemade Italian Dressing Recipe
Classic Italian Dressing recipe with only the freshest of herbs used. Lasts for up to 2 weeks and is a versatile dressing for salads, meat and potoes.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 1 tablespoon
- 1 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small red chilli (chopped)
- 125 ml olive oil
- 25 ml fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
Place the herbs, garlic and chilli in a food processor and mince for a 10 seconds until they are finely chopped. You can chop the herbs with a knife and chopping board if you prefer.
Place the chopped herbs into a jar. Add the olive oil and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
Place the lid over the jar and shake.
Makes 1 cup.
- Makes 1 cup. Calorie per serve = 1 tablespoon
- Where possible, use fresh lemon juice rather than bottled
- Fresh herbs give a more intense flavour than dried herbs
- If fresh chilli is hard to get, you can replace this with chilli flakes
- You can substitute lemon juice with white wine vinegar, but it will change the taste a little
- When using this salad on warm dishes, it is best to keep the dressing at room temperature.
- This can be stored in a bottle in the fridge for up to 2 weeks
- The longer the herbs infuse in the oil, the more depth of flavour.
Serving: 1tbsp | Calories: 88kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.64g | Protein: 0.4g | Fat: 12.7g | Saturated Fat: 1.9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5.3g | Trans Fat: 0.003g | Sodium: 17mg | Potassium: 151mg | Fiber: 0.6g | Sugar: 2.46g | Vitamin A: 1900IU | Vitamin C: 56.1mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.7mg