Tomato Fennel Herb Salad is one of the simplest summer salads that can be made in no time. This refreshing, healthy salad is the perfect option for feeding a crowd or serving it at your next summer BBQ.
Can anyone please explain to me how we’ve managed to get to November already?
Honestly this year has just flashed by with record speed. It’s been an amazing year for sure. There’s been so much learning in the “how to create a blog” sphere. It’s without a doubt been a productive, bustling but fun 12 months.
Having said that, I’m looking forward to winding down soon too. With summer almost on our doorstep, I’m looking forward to firing up the barbecue and inviting friends over for some fun times.
That’s where this salad comes in.
This Tomato Fennel Herb Salad I’m about to share with you is my go-to easy summer salad. It’s really a no fuss, no fail recipe that is quick to create and can easily be made in larger quantities to feed a crowd.
The thing that makes this salad so fresh and summery is the variety of herbs. Tossed among the tasty fennel and juicy sun kissed tomatoes, is excitement for the taste buds.
Hints of basil, mint, fennel leaves and Italian parsley add a subtle, slightly sweet, fresh and fragrant flavours to the salad that remind us all that summer is here.
I’m sure we’ve all made various versions of this summer salad before. And why wouldn’t you? It’s delicious, hearty and bursting with fresh, summer herb flavours. All in all it’s a feel good salad that comes together effortlessly.
THINKING OF MAKING THIS RECIPE?
Be sure to take a photo and tag it @SUNDAYCALM on Instagram and hashtag it #SUNDAYCALM. I’d love to see it!
Tomato Fennel Herb Summer Salad
- 450 g heirloom or cherry tomatoes
- 2 cucumbers
- 1/2 fennel (shaved or thinly sliced)
- 3 marinated artichokes
- 1/2 chopped herbs (basil, Italian parsley, basil, fennel leaves)
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- salt & pepper
- Wash and slice your tomatoes and cucumbers. Place in a large serving bowl.
- Wash and thinly slice the fennel. You may use a mandolin or a sharp knife. Place in the bowl.
- Cut the artichoke hearts in half and put them into the bowl.
- Chop the herbs and place in the bowl.
- Place the oil, lemon juice, dried oregano, salt & pepper into a jar, shake and pour onto the salad. Serve
- The salad can be made in advance and kept in the fridge
- Pour the dressing onto the salad at the time of serving.