This Feel-Good Sliced Cucumber Summer Salad Recipe is made with the most refreshing, vibrant, simple ingredients. It’s great as a side salad for your summer mains.
Can something so simple be delicious, refreshing and satisfying? ABSOLUTELY! Summer is well and truely here and I’m taking advantage of all the fresh flavours that come with it.
Some salads can be a hearty meal in themselves and fill you up to the brim. This salad is more of an accompaniment to your main dishes. Not only is this a simple cool cucumber summer salad that is served perfectly alongside lamb cutlets, seafood platters or any bbq snags, it’s also super simple to make.
Here is what you’ll need:
- Cucumbers – I use Lebanese cucumbers because they’re almost seedless
- Spanish onion – these are milder and sweeter than brown onions
- Fresh mint leaves – Fresh mint leaves are a must for the refreshing flavour in this salad
- Olive oil – only the best
- Lemon juice – for the tartness and freshness of the dressing
- Natural yogurt – adds a tangy flavour
- Garlic – brings oomph to the dressing
Mix the ingredients together into a jar, shake and store in the refrigerated until ready to serve.
Cool as a cucumber
Slice the cucumbers thinly and arrange on the plate.
Top with the chopped red onion and mint. Drizzle the dressing with a spoon immediately before serving.
Presto!!! Your salad is ready to enjoy.
Be sure to serve without delay.
Salads like these are especially simple to make and are aperfect option for summer, fresh meals.
Further more, for more summer salad ideas click below
- 3 cucumbers thinly sliced
- 1/4 spanish onion chopped
- 1/4 cup mint finely chopped
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1/2 lemon juice only
- 1/2 tbsp natural yogurt
- 1/2 clove garlic grated
- In a bowl or jar, combine oil, lemon, yogurt and garlic. Mix well and set aside
- Finely slice cucumbers and arrange on the plate.
- Finely chop the red onion and scatter on the cucumbers.
- Chop the mint and sprinkle over the salad.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve.