6 Ingredient Salsa Verde
This 6-ingredient salsa verde recipe is quick and easy to make, and always so fresh and delicious. So dam good!
One of the things I love most about my childhood is the memory of the great tasting meals at our disposal. My family was not flush with money, but honestly, the quality of food and produce on our kitchen table every night was fit for a king. Sometimes you just don’t realise, or appreciate things until later in life. It’s without a doubt that today I have a huge appreciation for the time and effort it would have taken my parents to produce a high quality of fresh, good, wholesome food on a budget. It’s truely a skill and something I hope to carry on and share with others.
This salsa verde recipe is inspired by my dad. Dad loved this stuff and created it often. Dad’s version had anchovies (an acquired taste I know) but really great in flavour.
Today I thought I’d keep it simple and use on 6 ingredients. The freshness that oozes out of this salsa verde is nothing short of AMZING!!!
The good news is that it’s ridiculously easy to make and it’s so versatile. Think a topping for baked potatoes, added flavour to a perfectly seared steak, a dipping sauce for those oven roasted wedges or a fresh, tangy flavour to steamed rice.
Honestly I love this stuff so much that I’m planning on making a huge batch and preserving it in oil so that I have it on hand all the time.
6 Ingredient Salsa Verde Recipe
To make this easy 6 ingredient salsa verde recipe, you will need:
- Fresh flat leaf parsley : Two bunches that equals approx. 2 cups of free parsley.
- Fresh basil leaves: 2 cups of basil – it must be fresh.
- Olive oil: Virgin or Extra Virgin is fine
- Lemon juice: Please avoid the bottled stuff. Freshly squeezed is best for a truely fresh flavoured tang.
- Capers: Baby capers are preferred as they are more delicate in flavour.
- Garlic: Again, please stick to fresh for truely rich, intense flavour.
How to make Salsa Verde:
It’s so straight froward! Simply…
- Prepare all of the ingredients: Wash the basil and parsley and dry off with a salad spinner or tea towel. Measure other ingredients such as the capers, lemon juice.
- Combine ingredients: Pop all ingredients into a food processor. I use the mini Artisan Food Chopper for all my sauces as it’s the perfect size.
- Taste and season: Feel free to add in some salt and pepper here, or adjust the lemon juice if desired.
- Serve: Place the ingredients into a small bowl and serve! You can refrigerate in a air tight jar for up to 2 weeks.
The best way to make this salsa verde is to place all 5 ingredients into a blender or food processor and whiz away. It couldn't be easier. This salsa verde is great served with grilled or roasted meat and fish or smeared onto some crusty bread as a bruschetta base.
- 1 cup flat leaf parsely
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp baby capers
- 1/2 clove garlic add the full clove if you want a stronger garlic flavour
Wash the parsley and basil leaves.
Place all the ingredients into a blender or food processor.
Whiz until finely chopped. Add more oil if you like a runnier sauce.
Honestly it’s as simple as that.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #SUNDAYCALM. I’d love to see what you cook this weekend!