This salad with grilled nectarines, prosciutto and mozzarella has a honey vinaigrette that makes it a perfect appetizer or a side salad for dinner. A simple tasty recipe using fresh seasonal nectarines!
December has come around ever so quickly yet again. Wow!!! And with the preparations for the festivities in full swing, the Christmas menu planning is well underway. This summer salad with grilled nectarines, prosciutto and mozzarella will most definitely be on the menu for my family Christmas lunch.
It’s made with fresh nectarines which are in season right now. I happen to be a HUGE fan of stone fruits. I’m also a huge fan of preparing easy lunches. I’m keen on making Christmas Day preparations a breeze this year too. Who wants to spend all day in the kitchen? Personally I’d rather be spending it with my loved ones, connecting around the table.
For this reason, I’ve chosen to share this quick and simple recipe with you. I’m sure you’ll appreciate just how simple it is, but also how tasty and delicious it is.
For one thing, this salad with grilled nectarines, prosciutto and mozzarella is undoubtedly elegant, but also very simple and quick to make. Secondly it’s the perfect crowd pleaser that can be served with any main dish you choose to serve.
It’s truely a foolproof recipe.
Here’s what’s happening in this salad with grilled nectarines, prosciutto and mozzarella :
- grilled nectarines – of course!
- thin slices of prosciutto – well it’s in the name
- buffalo mozzarella – still stating the obvious
- rucola and mixed salad greens – fresh and peppery
And as for the honey vinaigrette, it’s the perfect combo of sweet and tangy. The flavours compliment the peppery salad, highlight the sweetness of the caramelised nectarines and balance out the saltiness of the prosciutto.
All of it comes together beautifully!
So cheers to this delicious and healthy summer salad that lets you spend less time in the kitchen…and more time enjoying the jolly season.
Salad with grilled nectarines, prosciutto and mozzarella!!!!! Yum!!
For another crowd pleasing recipe, try the crispy rosemary roasted potatoes. Perfectly satisfying and yum!
Salad with grilled nectarines, prosciutto and mozzarella
- 3 cups arugula washed
- 3 cupes mixed green salad washed
- 1 large buffalo mozzarella cheese sliced
- 3 nectarines stone removed & sliced in half
- 5-6 slices prosciutto
Honey Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- pinch salt & peper
- Using a griddle pan, spray with olive oil, place the nectarines face down. Cook for approx. 5 minutes on medium-high heat or until the griddle marks appear on the nectarines.
- Turn over and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- In the meantime, wash the green salad leaves and dry-off excess water using a salad spinner or tea towel.
- Arrange the greens onto your serving dish.
- Slice the mozzarella cheese and place onto the green salad.
- Place the nectarines around the dish together with the prosciutto slices.
- In a jar, mix the the vinaigrette ingredients and shake or whisk.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad when ready to serve.