Pineapple Apple Coconut Loaf
This is the most amazing Pineapple Apple Coconut Loaf which is naturally sweetened. Not to mention that it’s super moist and makes the perfect dessert for any summer afternoon tea.
This Pineapple Apple Coconut Loaf really does have the perfect balance of fluffiness and sweetness and all with no added sugar. Plus, it is gluten free, dairy free and nut free.
Oh and the added bonus, you only need one bowl to make it!!!
Honestly this loaf does NOT taste like cardboard, unlike some gluten free cakes and loaves I’ve experimented with before.
I discovered this recipe one afternoon when I was desperately searching for a gluten free dessert recipe to make for my friend who is a coeliac. With a bit of tweaking and several test recipes later, I created this super moist, fragrant and deliciously fruity loaf.
A Love of Simplicity
I decorated the loaf with a dusting of icing sugar but feel free to skip the pineapple slices on the top of the loaf and frost the cake with your favourite frosting of choice.
- 1 cup gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free plain flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup pineapple crushed pineapple in natural juice
- 1 cup pure apple sauce
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced
- Grease a 12cm x 22cm loaf pan and line the base with baking or parchment paper
- Place all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix.
- Add egg, maple syrup, pineapple, apple sauce & coconut oil
- Stir until combined. Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and smooth the surface
- Place 2 thin slices of pineapple on the top for decoration or you can decorate with a frosting of choice.
- Bake for approx. 1 1/2 hours or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean
- (If you don't have a skewer, a spaghetti strand does the trick also)
- Let the loaf stand for 10 minutes, turn onto a wire rack to cool