Mayonnaise Recipe Homemade (5 ingredients, 5 minutes)
Mayonnaise Recipe Homemade – If you are yet to try homemade Mayonnaise, be prepared to blow your taste buds. Oh Wow!!!
There is just no comparison to store bought & when you are making your own fresh batch of mayo using fresh ingredients, you know that the flavour of homemade Mayo is bar none!
Taste is out of this world
Honestly the taste is truly AMAZING!!!
I’ve always purchased store bought mayonnaise for its convenience & whilst I’ve always chosen the best quality, that is, the label that states it contains real egg (yes, believe it or not some are made of powered eggs), I honestly never considered making my own, until now. The inspiration? Lunch at a local pub that made their own sauces, include mayonnaise.
Homemade mayonnaise is one of the creamiest, smoothest, lightest, silkiest & richest mayonnaise I’ve ever had. Every ingredient is alive & dancing on the tongue. There is a fresh, zesty tang that just doesn’t compare with store bought Mayonnaise.
Only 5 ingredients
This recipe uses only 5 ingredients and, coincidentally, it also takes 5 minutes to make. Yeah!!!! Who doesn’t love a quick & easy recipe? And, one that is healthy too! Honestly, it is so quick & easy, that you could whip it up just minutes before your guests arrive.
It keeps well in the fridge for about 2 weeks so you can make a batch to use on fish & chips, roast chicken, or a scraping of mayo on the kids’ lunches in replacement of butter.
Mayonnaise Recipe Homemade
Servings: 1 Jar
- 1 Whole Egg
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- In a food processor, blend egg yolks, mustard & lemon juice until thickened
- Using the pouring spout of the food processor, drizzle the oil slowly into the egg mixture
- Ensure that the oil is drizzled slowly into the mixture. Adding oil too quickly may cause the mayonnaise to seperate
- Season with salt
- You will see the mayonnaise thicken up into a silky, smooth, creamy consistency
- Pour mayonnaise into a sterilised jar & refrigerate
- Refrigerate : 2 week