Swiss Chard with Tahini Dressing Recipe
Swiss Chard – The easiest, healthiest and one of the most satisfying green vegetables on the planet. It’s beautifully juicy, sweeter than kale, super healthy, satisfying and filling indeed.
Packed full with goodness, I feel very virtuous when I’ve got Swiss Chard on the menu, knowing that I am feeding the family a nutrient-dense and super healthy meal.
This is a super quick recipe you can get onto the dinner table in no time. And literally only a few steps are required.
Start with washing the leaves thoroughly. Fill the sink with water and place the leave into the water. Then one buy one rinse each leaf to ensure that there is no dirt residue on them. Cut off and trim the stems of the Swiss chard, chop the leaves and garlic ready for sautéing.
Only 4 ingredients and it’s done! In a blender or food processor add the tahini (well stirred), water, lemon juice and garlic and whiz until well combined. Pour into a bowl and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
HINT: This dressing makes a great dip too! Serve it with a colourful plate of crudités and you have another super healthy, creamy, delicious snack.
Super Yum – Super Healthy!!
Swiss Chard with Tahini Dressing
- 1 bunch Swiss Chard
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon juice fresh lemon only
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup lemon juice fresh lemon only
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Wash each Swiss Chard leaf under running water.
- Trim and remove any discoloured leaves or browned stems. Roughly chop the leaves and stems.
- In a pan or skillet, add the oil, garlic and chopped Swiss Chard and sauté for 10 minutes or until softened and cooked.
- While the Chard is cooking, place the tahini, water, lemon juice, garlic (chopped) and salt into a blender or food processor. Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Remove the Swiss Chard from the heat, drizzle with the tahini dressing and serve. Alternatively you can serve the dressing on the size.
- NOTE: If you like extra tang, squeeze some lemon over the Swiss Chard while cooking.
Sunday Calm : Simply Satisfying Food