Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad is a hearty, feel-good salad and is a wonderful use of any leftover grilled chicken you may have in the fridge. It’s the perfect packed-lunch for any day of the week.
Hey there! How did this week go for you? Are you back at work or still lazing about sipping cocktails in the hot summer sun? I’m still on vacation mode which is just fabulous. I’m loving every moment of it.?I’m really enjoying creating this blog and sharing a little piece of myself with the world. I find myself dreaming of the day I could spend more time here with you. Now that would be a dream come true for 2019 – fingers crossed, hey.
So as you may already know, I LOVE simple recipes. This one is certainly that. With some left over grilled chicken in the fridge, I thought I would create another simple summer recipe – Chicken Cobb Salad. It’s light, satisfying and only requires a little bit of chopping of vegetables and the boiling of a couple of eggs.
Can it be any simpler?
There are a lot of ingredient options to a Cobb salad. You can simply prep most of them in advance, keep them in the fridge until you are ready to assemble. I love these in a BIG bowl to which I then pour my dressing of choice over. Today, I’ve used my Lemon Herb Dressing. However, feel free to use any dressing of your own, such as a Ranch Dressing or Creamy Mustard Dressing.
And that is pretty much it! This Chicken Cobb Salad is a healthy meal that will see you through until dinner.
Here’s to healthy, colourful vegetables – we can’t get enough of them!
What’s your favourite packed salad?
Chicken Cobb Salad
- 1/2 head ice berg lettuce roughly chopped
- 1 cup grilled chicken shrdded
- 1/2 medium yellow pepper / capsicum chopped
- 1 medium carrot thinly sliced
- 2 eggs boiled
- 1 tbsp Italian parsley chopped
- Starting with the eggs, boil and allow to cool. I use room temperature eggs. Bring a pot of water to the boil, slowly add the eggs then turn off the heat. Allow the eggs to stand for 12 minutes. Once cooked place in a bowl of cool water and remove the shell. Allow the egg to cool.
- Wash and chopped the iceberg lettuce and place in a bowl.
- Using a mandolin, thinly slice the carrot and place on the lettuce.
- Chop the yellow pepper and add to the salad.
- Place the chicken on the salad then add the eggs.
- Drizzle over with your favourite dressing and some chopped parsley. Ready to serve.
Remember to subscribe to SUNDAYCALM to receive new delicious recipes into your inbox!
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a pic and hashtag it #SUNDAYCALM. I’d love to see it!