Cheesy Bacon Onion Relish Muffins
Cheesy Bacon Onion Relish Muffins are the perfect lunch box fillers for the kids. Also a great, quick grab-and-go hearty breakfast during a busy week or an easy packed picnic lunch option.
These savoury muffins are a deliciously healthy and packed full of flavour . A super simple snack that can be made in advance and stored in the freezer.
One Bowl and a Wooden Spoon – It doesn’t get any easier than this.
Simply gather the ingredients, place them all into one bowl and mix with a wooden spoon.
Then transfer the mixture into a greased, lined muffin tin. Cook for 25-30 minutes or until puffed and golden in colour.
And, just like that! They’re done!
Cheesey Bacon Onion Relish Savoury Muffins
- 2½ cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup onion relish
- 1 1/2 cups bacon chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup chives (snipped finely)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a bowl, place the flour, onion relish, bacon, spinach, chives, cheeses, oil, milk, eggs, and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Using a ½ cup measuring tool or an ice-cream scoop, place into a lightly greased muffin tin lined with paper cases or grease proof paper
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool on a wire rack