If you love berries, apricots and passionfruit you’ll LOVE a bowl of this berries, apricot fruit salad in orange, passionfruit syrup – Wow that was a mouthful!
Berries apricot fruit salad in orange passionfruit syrup
What better way to either start the day, or enjoy a healthy dessert, bursting with flavour.
If you happen to have a punnet or two of berries in the fridge, be sure to make yourself a deliciously healthy fruit salad!
I hesitated to share this recipe because of its simplicity but I think some of you will appreciate the intense tropical flavours that come from the orange and passionfruit syrup. All healthy, no refined sugar used!!
There are many ways to make fruit salad but honestly this orange and passionfruit syrup give it something truly special.
The syrup is sweet and super simple to make.
Syrup – What you will need…..
Orange juice – 2 valencia oranges juiced.
Orange rind – finely grated rind of one of the oranges.
Maple Syrup – use the best, purest Canadian Maple you can find.
Passionfruit – pulp of 2 fresh passionfruit (unsweetened store bought is also fine)
Place the orange juice, orange rind, maple syrup and passionfruit pulp into a small saucepan. Heat over a medium heat, stirring the syrup until boiling. Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
Transfer the syrup to a jug and place in the fridge to cool.
Arrange the berries and apricot into a serving dish.
Once the syrup is cold, pour it over the fruit and allow it to stand for 5 minutes.
Berries apricot fruit salad in orange passionfruit syrup is ready to serve
Super delicious, super healthy – Berries Apricot Fruit Salad
Berries, apricot fruit salad in orange, passionfruit syrup
For the Fruit Salad
- 125 g blueberries washed
- 500 g strawberries hulled & halved
- 2 apricots sliced
Passionfruit Orange Syrup
- 2 oranges juiced
- 2 tbsp orange zest approx. zest from one orange
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 passionfruit pulp
- Place the orange juice, orange rind, maple syrup and passionfruit pulp into a saucepan. On medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil stirring often.
- Once boiled, reduce the heat to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place in the fridge until cold.
- Wash the fruit before use, hull and cut the strawberries in half and place them in a serving dish.
- Wash the blueberries and add to the serving dish. Wash and cut the apricot in small pieces and place in the same dish.
- Once the syrup is cold, pour it over the fruit and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve on its own or with a dollop of fresh cream or ice-cream.
For all the berry lovers out there. Here is the link to my simple mixed berry sorbet recipe.
Remember to subscribe to SUNDAYCALM to receive new delicious recipes into your inbox!
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a pic and hashtag it #SUNDAYCALM. I’d love to see it!