If you like chocolate, then, you will seriously LOVE our Almond Coconut Chocolate Balls.
Well, it’s that time of year when I start to think about all the lovely little Easter treats I can make to share with my family and friends, especially my niece and nephews! And, I guess, Easter just gives us all that permission to enjoy a little chunk (or two) of chocolate. On the other hand, you can even try these Almond Coconut Chocolate Balls any time of year. Even long after Easter has gone, your friends will be asking for these. I promise!
The Perfect Chocolate Treat for Friends
This little recipe for Almond Coconut Chocolate Balls is the perfect little treat for the guests that pop in this time of year. I know that there are so many chocolate ball recipes circulating out there. However, I thought I would get on the bandwagon & attempt my own version of deliciousness.
A little bit of this & a pinch of that
Honestly, this recipe takes no effort at all. You may be thinking that I say that a lot. However, it is true! If you read any of my other posts, you’ll know that I am all about fast, simple, tasty everyday recipes. In fact, this one is no exception. Not to mention, how tasty these are!
By the same token, all of these the ingredients I had at home ready and available. You see, I have just used a little bit of this & a small pinch of that…. And, with a touch of creativity, I came up with these.
The ingredients are easy to fin
However, if you don’t have these ingredients on hand, they are very easy to find. Actually, for those in Australia, you can find almond meal from major supermarket stores such as Coles or Woolworths – I used this brand just because I love them.
In a moment of spontaneity, and almost as an after-thought, I sprinkled some of the chocolate balls with pink salt for an added edge. Alternatively, you could sprinkle a little more coconut or flaked almonds on the top. Otherwise, feel free to leave that out if you don’t like the sweet & salty combination or extra calories.
In addition, these Almond Coconut Chocolate Balls store well.
In any case, I hope you love my Almond Coconut Chocolate Balls too. Of course, I also hope you will share these with your favourite people. Enjoy!
Let me know what you think.
Hint: of course, if you like frozen desserts, they taste even more amazing when stored in the freezer. In this way, they will last for weeks. Then, when you’re ready for a taste sensation, just take them out and pop one in your mouth.
Almond, Coconut Chocolate Bites
Servings: 10 Bites
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Meal
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 180 gr 70% chocolate for melting
- Firstly, in a blender or food processor, pulse the coconut until the texture resembles flour.
- Then, place the coconut & almond meal in a bowl & add the maple syrup, coconut oil & vanilla extract and stir ingredients together until it forms into a thick paste.
- Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes while you prepare to melt your chocolate. I found that placing the mixture into the fridge let it set a little making it easier to roll into balls. (warning your hands will be oily from the coconut oil).
- Once that is done, chop the chocolate into pieces & place into a pyrex or heat proof bowl. You can either melt this in the microwave or melt on the stove over a pan of boiling water. I prefer this to the microwave as I can control the steadiness of the chocolate melting.
- Then, allow the chocolate to cool.
- Remove the mixture from the fridge & roll into small bite size balls. Use a teaspoon as guidance for the quantity of the balls. This will help keep the sizes relatively consistent.
- Finally, line a flat baking tray with wax proof paper. Using 2 forks or a skewer, roll each ball in the melted chocolate until all covered & place on the tray
- Repeat this process & refrigerate until all chocolate has set.