This delicious Oven Roasted Barramundi with Artichoke Hearts and Olives recipe only takes about 30 minutes to make, and it’s bursting with zesty flavours that will transport you to the sunny blue waters in the mediterranean.
Do you have any dishes that remind you of your travels? Any faves to share??
My time in Sorrento was a memorable, the beautiful beaches, the tangiest lemon gelato EVER and the fresh flavours from the sea bring me back to a great time living as a local in Italy. The summer flavours of zesty, lemony fish or BBQ seafood with a fresh salsa verde sauce was just AMAZING!!!
This report is an inspiration to that time many years ago.
Since most of my recipes here on the blog are relative quick to make ( 20-30 minute recipe), quick, casual lunches are totally my thing. Most of the time, I just don’t have the time, ummm okay let’s be honest, the patience with intricate, too many steps to a recipe. Give me roasted sheet pan meals, that are quick and easy to throw into one pan and roast and I’m a happy cook. The one thing I don’t compromise however is on full of flavour food! Quick meals doesn’t not mean that taste is sacrificed. No way!!!
So one of my favorite go-to meals lately has been this super, simple delicious one pan fish dish:
It’s no secret that I’m obsessed with fresh, citrus flavours. This recipe is downright delicious, with just the right balance of sweetness from the olives and artichoke hearts and zesty-ness from the lemon. It’s quick, it’s easy and it’s ready in about 30 minutes. It’s easy to adapt with any white fish (bream, snapper, flathead) and, it’s the perfect dish when entertaining friends or family.
Oven Roasted Barramundi with Artichoke Hearts and Olives
Here is what you’ll need:
- Barramundi Fish Fillets: Washed and cleaned.
- Cherry Tomatoes: Preferably well ripened and still on the vine (these are really sweet).
- Olives: Black and Green Olives.
- Artichoke Hearts: Fresh or frozen is fine.
- Lemon juice + Lemon Zest: Please avoid the bottled stuff. Choose Freshly squeezed for true, intense flavour.
- Capers: Baby capers are preferred as they are more delicate in flavour.
- Garlic: Again, please stick to fresh for truely rich, intense flavour.
- Oregano: Dried or fresh
- Olive Oil: For drizzling
HOW TO MAKE OVEN ROASTED BARRAMUNDI WITH ARTICHOKE HEARTS AND OLIVES
Well like all my recipes, they are pretty simple and straight forward.
- To prepare the ingredients:
- Fish – wash and descale. Artichoke Hearts – If using fresh, wash and soak in lemon water after chopped in half. Tomatoes – wash and dry
- Combine ingredients: Drizzle the base of an oven proof dish with olive oil, place fish, skin side up in the dish. Add the artichoke hearts, tomatoes, olives, garlic, oregano, lemon juice and zest
- Roast in oven: Place the fish in the oven 220 degree for 30 mintes
- Serve: Drizzle some olive oil over the dish and serve with a salad or crispy, baked potatoes.
Barramundi has great flavour and texture, it is a really dense-fleshed fish that needs to be cooked through so you must take care when cooking it. This one pan dish makes is super easy to cook.
- 4 barramundi fish fillets
- 500 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup mixed olives green + black olives of choice
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon rind
- 8 pieces artichoke hearts
Oh and if you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #SUNDAYCALM. I’d love to see it!
If you live in the USA search here for Barramundi Store locators.