Grilled Zucchini with Lemon & Mint makes a fabulous side dish to any meal! Low carb, fresh flavours and the perfect veggie accompaniment to any main dish.
Grilled Zucchini is a great way to serve vegetables, either as a side dish for dinner OR at your next BBQ.
The fastest & tastiest way to cook Zucchini is grilled. Slicing the zucchini lengthways with a mandolin makes them super quick to cook. I like to brush the zucchini with a little olive oil & grill them for a minute or two on both sides. Season with a little salt as they cook & they’re done!
With only 5 ingredients needed, you can create this clean-eating, tangy dish in minutes. Literally!!
- Zucchini ✓
- Garlic ✓
- Olive oil ✓
- Lemon juice (Freshly squeezed) ✓
- Mint ✓
How to grill Zucchini
- Cut the ends off the zucchini.
- Slice with a mandolin. This ensures even thickness & therefore equal cooking time.
- Brush each zucchini directly with the olive oil, rather than greasing the grill, especially if you’re cooking them in a pan, as the thin zucchini can stick.
- Cook for only a few minutes until the grill marks show.
Done in 10 Minutes
To dress the grilled zucchini, layer them into a dish on top of one another. Drizzle with olive oil & a squeeze of lemon juice & garnish with fresh mint leaves. If you’re a fan of herbs like me, sprinkle a little dried Oregano for added flavour.
Other ways to eat this lemony, grilled zucchini include:
- Zucchini Bruschetta – serve this on some crusty, Italian bread rubbed with garlic
- In a Green Salad – Liven any green salad with the tangy, smokey flavour from the grilled zucchini
- Pasta Salad – chop & toss into a pasta salad with cherry tomatoes & olives
- 3 zucchini
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 small bunch mint leave
- salt & pepper
- 1 juice lemon
Slice the zucchini into thin ribbons using a mandolin
Brush each ribbon with olive oil. Season with salt & pepper
On high heat, grill the zucchini for 2 minutes either side or until the grill marks appear on the ribbons.
Place zucchini in a serving dish layering each ribbon as you go
As you layer, scatter some finely chopped garlic & mint leaves
Drizzle with olive oil & lemon juice
Sprinkle dried herbs such as oregano (optional)